Sportageous Article (April 2020) - Thirty30 Tennis: The evolution of tennis with founder, Mark Milne
Sportageous (Sport Gets Smarter) Article - Thirty30 Tennis: The evolution of tennis with founder, Mark Milne
Thirty30 Tennis is a shortened format of tennis where every point counts, inspired by T20 cricket, this format is part and parcel of the evolution of the game in contemporary times.
In this feature piece for our sports tech & entrepreneurship section, we caught up with founder, Mark Milne, to talk about why he started this version of the game, and where his journey with it has taken him.
The full article can be read here. Zushan Hashmi, Co-Founder | Sportageous - Sport Gets Smarter Football | Cricket | Tennis | Climbing | Squash, Canberra, Australia
List of 16 Questions:
1. Tell me a little bit about your own background in tennis? How did you get involved with the sport?
2. Where did the idea of Thirty30 Tennis spark from?
3. How does a shorter format, such as this, enable the sport to grow?
4. Tell us a bit more about the advantages of this form of tennis?
5. Do you believe that Thirty30 Tennis is a natural evolution of the game? If so why/why not?
6. Do you think it's better suited like that, or as an alternative?
7. What has the response to this new format of tennis been like?
8. What do you think needs to be done for it to grow further?
9. Are you recognised by any official bodies or in the process of that?
10. If so, what is being done in that regard or if not, what needs to be done?
11. What has been one of the hardest things about launching Thirty30 tennis?
12. And with maintaining its success?
13. Would you say a lot of tennis are risk averse of unwilling to accept change in the sport? If yes, why? If no, why not?
14. Tell me a little bit about what goes on in your daily routine to manage and run the organisation?
15. How do you find time outside of the sport and your passion, to recuperate and prepare for your busy schedule?
16. Any other thoughts or comments?