Thirty30 Tennis Blog - Shorter Format Innovations Trialled at the ATP Next Gen 2021 Event in Milan
The 2021 Next Gen ATP Finals is a men's exhibition tennis tournament for the best singles players on the 2021 ATP Tour who are age 21 and under.
Various format innovations, first pioneered in the previous 3 editions, are featured in an effort to speed up play and produce shorter more exciting matches and include:
- Sets are first to 4 games with a tie-break at 3-3
- Matches are best of 5 sets
- No Ad scoring is used, i.e. a sudden-death point is played at Deuce
Thirty30 tennis is an alternative shorter and faster paced scoring format that still maintains the DNA of tennis.
- Sets are still played to 6 games (lead by 2) with a tie-break at 6-6
- The Deuce and Ad points are still played out in full
Thirty30 Tennis - Have You Tried It Yet?